Friday, August 8, 2014

FOOD REVIEW ON KLUANG RAIL COFFEE

KLUANG RAIL COFFEE
KLUANG RAIL COFFEE OUTLET
Since 1938, this Kluang rail coffee is very famous.


Ermm, I did not know that the Kluang rail coffee has another outlet. In my mind, it must be some very looking ancient depleted going to fall apart look kind of traditional shop so I do not expect that it is looking like this?


I am way too imaginative. Although it was a working day, this outlet is full with people and we have to wait for about 15minutes before being served. I have no idea what is wrong with me ordering nasi lemak. The waiting hour for my nasi lemak was 45minutes and I was already imagining strangling the waiter and shaking the sense into her! If she is playing the Dinner Dash, I would have left ago with a huge red face and fuming cloud over my head.

It is impossible that the next table with more complicated food has arrived and all my other friends’s food has arrived except for mine!


What is so difficult to make the nasi lemak??????? Does it really 45minutes for it to arrive? That is only after I started asking where my food is and the waiter nonchalant ask to check the receipt! How can my food not arrive when it is already paid????? Luckily a friend deals with it.


That is why I dislike eating outside. For the amount I paid, my food has not arrived. If not for the company I am, I might have left. I guess food does taste better when you are laughing and enjoyed the people you are with.

Let’s go into the food. Here is some of the food but mine is only the rail coffee cendol and the nasi lemak. The rest is ordered by friends so I have no idea how they tasted.

KLUANG RAIL COFFEE
KLUANG RAIL COFFEE the interior

KLUANG RAIL COFFEE
KLUANG RAIL COFFEE ROTI BUN BAKAR

KLUANG RAIL COFFEE
KLUANG RAIL COFFEE ROTI BUN BAKAR
This their famous A must try Bread. Presentation wise, it look a little bit flatten and very traditional.  The bread is a little dry but quite good in the sense that it is fluffy.  The bread is already applied with generous butter.  The kaya texture is just nice and not too thick but there is not much although you might there is a lot since there is some outside the bread.  Kaya is not as fragrant as I thought it will be but it is okay.

KLUANG RAIL COFFEE
KLUANG RAIL COFFEE CENDOL TEA
This is the tea cendol. The drink is not too sweet and the cendol has pandan fragrant in it. The tea on the other hand is just normal so I was actually blaming myself that I should have tried the coffee instead.



KLUANG RAIL COFFEE
KLUANG RAIL COFFEE RAIL NASI LEMAK

KLUANG RAIL COFFEE
KLUANG RAIL COFFEE CURRY MEE

KLUANG RAIL COFFEE
KLUANG RAIL COFFEE PORRIDGE











This is the rail nasi lemak that has made imagined bad thoughts. Because of it as well, I managed to control myself and snapped the photos first before I get into eating mode. Normally I will just forget everything when the food is in front of me. The chicken is grilled just nice. The meat is is quite soft but it could be softer I think. The sambal spiciness is just nice but for those who dislikes spiciness, it is better not to order this. It is not hot to the extend that one have to drink few gallons of water. I think the spiciness level is probably just 2 out of 5. Rice is not bad. Anchovies and groundnuts is generous. Overall it is not bad.


I guess I am always the unlucky ones to get bad service each time I am in the restaurants.



No.33, Ground Floor, Jalan Manggis,Kluang Town, 86000
07-7710 853 / 019-322 0072 / 012-728 8802

RM11 - RM20





It is halal restaurant.

Ice Cendol tea at RM3.30
Rail Nasi lemak at about RM 12.90
Roti Bun Bakar about RM4



For more information, please visit official website kluangrailcoffee.com.my/. It is not a sponsored review.  The opinions expressed here are my own and honest as always.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Yue Rain!!

    I have nominated you for a Liebster award! Please check the link out for details!

    http://beautyasti1.blogspot.com/2014/08/beautyasti1-have-been-nominated-for.html

    Lovelove..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and visiting ^^

Have a great day =)