Tuesday, July 29, 2014

MY CURRENT SKINCARE ROUTINE FOR 2014

"I love my skin"

MY CURRENT SKINCARE ROUTINE for acne prone skin



Yes, most of us will love our skin only when it is nice and most of the time it is acting like an emotional teenager.  I tend to neglect my skin when it was nice but now I am  a skincare junkie and I love skincare products more than makeup because I think having a good skin is better than 'hiding' it under a thick layer of makeup.  I have very low self image when my skin is bad  although I know everyone is not looking at me but I still do feel down.  I usually wear very little makeup because I am lazy and I like to just go out with my bare skin if I'm in a hurry.

I use up skincare products faster than makeup.  My skincare products may change but the routine goes about the same or maybe a few tweak here and then.  All I can say having a good skin is not a walk in the park since I have troublesome skin.  Well, everything comes with a price.  If you are hardworking, then it will show in long run.

I have a few skincare routine depending on the condition of my skin.  Most of the time especially when I am travelling, my skin tend to get super dry because I couldn't carry out my normal skincare maintenance.  I am a light traveller and so do not carry many skincare products that I usually use.  I usually bring only cleanser and moisturiser with me which is actually not enough for me at night. XP

Sorry, not naming all the skincare products as the skincare products is too long and besides, I change some of the skincare products one at a time.  There is a few long time favourite but I just could not be loyal to only one  masks, serum and essence.  I know most people would run over to the dermatologist for whatever small reasons but since the place I am staying is inconvenient, I have to care for it myself.  Most of the skincare products are of mixture and not just from one particular brand.  These products can be found in Malaysia either in drugstores, Sasa, local pharmancies or shops.  I bought some online but not everything since I do like the feeling of browsing and choosing the products myself =).

Normal maintenance for morning
cleanser
toner (optional) sometimes I use and most of the time, I just skip it.
moisturiser (currently Kiehls)
sunblock

normal maintenance at night
makeup remover (If I wear makeup&physical type of sunblock)
cleanser
booster
serum
moisturiser (loving the Kahina argan oil)

Pampering session (alternative)
cleanser
pore pack/scrub
clay mask/mud mask
booster
serum/essence/ampoule (don't have favourite yet) (optional)
sheet mask- I have many (optional)
moisturiser
sleeping mask (no favourite yet) (had tried many in the past including few famous ones)


Trouble skin care
cleanser
mandelic essence/Clindamycin/sulfur/differin (make sure the skin is dry before applying the acne 'medicine' on face)
moisturiser at the area not affected (I alternate these products to be effective)
beauty oil (love beauty oil)
sunblock(day time only)  I use La Roche Posay and Biore

I usually don't use this trouble skin care for a long term since they might turn ineffective later.  I also usually alternate the clindamycin, sulfur and differin and make sure I don't use all of them on the same time.  Trust me, nothing good comes from using too many of acne prone products at the face at the same time.  It will only results in red inflamed skin that will need weeks and months to heal.

What I noticed is that most with acne prone skin tend to change their whole skincare products to those wrong ones.  Many are unsure of their skin type and thus tend to use the wrong products which cause more pimples to pop up later.  Acne prone skin doesn't need tons of skincare products but they need a very good light sunblock, some acne products and some detox to help with it.

Please do not ignore the pimples popping out as it usually indicate something is wrong with the way you take care of your skin, lifestyle or your hormones (Number.1 havoc for acne).  I do detox my skin once in a week by drinking herbal tea such as Trudox, Japanese green tea or some herbal tea.




The products here is just recommendation and I do not earn any money from them.  The opinions expressed here are my own and honest as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and visiting ^^

Have a great day =)